This is a tough week for all of us. We have last minute Christmas shopping…we have office parties….we’ve been baking cookies….we have Christmas Eve dinner, and all day Christmas. So…..should we just call the whole week a wash??
NO freaking WAY!!!
Start the week with a plan….
Okay, so you are headed out for last minute shopping….
- Bring some healthy snacks. Trail mix, veggie packs, an apple, some tangerines…anything BUT mall food.
- Eat your Snack before you shop or on your way inside the stores.
For Dinners, Lunches, and everything wonderfully loaded with calories this time of the year….
- Start off with a plan. Decide what you can and will eat today BEFORE you get to eat.
- Limit your alcohol. Alcohol inhibits our ability to remember the plans we have made for eating healthy. Alcohol is also EMPTY calories. If you have to drink, stick to clear liquor….it’s at least lower in calories than your beer, wine or eggnog.
- Do your best to stick to veggies, fruits, and proteins. Avoid the carbs and sugar if you can, or limit yourself to one serving of each. And by serving, we don’t mean…as much as you want. For example: if you’re having pie, don’t grab a jumbo slice with all the fixings….have a small piece with the fixing, or a medium size piece with none of the fluff.
Have fun and be active & HEALTHY this holiday season!
Your Friends from Build it for Life