Brrrr! It is starting to get cold outside! And wet, for that matter, Seattle! All we want to do when it's dark out is cozy up on the couch with our favorite furry friend, make some hot cocoa, and either read a book or watch some serious T.V. So how do we fight that urge!!?
Let's make a plan.
- Talk to some friends who are also battling the anti-fitness mood and make plans with them to do something active.
- Join a gym. Indoor workouts during rainy or snowy seasons can help you put some more muscle on so you are ready to get back outside when the weather is better.
- Bundle up. To be honest, nothing feels better than getting all the right gear on and still deciding to run, or walk, or sweat outside.
- Try an indoor climbing gym. Vertical World and Stone Gardens are just two of the climbing gyms in Seattle. It could be fun to try something new, and prepare you for outdoor climbing in the coming months.
- Find some classes to take. Perhaps switching to a more relaxing type of exercise, such as yoga or barre, will help warm your soul on these chilly days.
- Sign up for a local race. Having a 5k, 10k, or so on scheduled will hopefully inspire you to get in the activity despite the cold.
- Think about hiring a personal trainer or signing up for small group training. Accountability is so important.
Most of all, Have fun & Be Active!
Your friends from Build it for Life