Happy Thanksgiving, Seattle! We want you to enjoy this upcoming week. However, we don’t want you to hop on the Turkey Train and take it all the way through New Years. You’ve been working so hard all year, why would we throw it all away for one day?
Here are some tips to help keep you healthy this Thanksgiving
- Get in a workout before the festivities start. Check out local gyms to see what classes they have that day. If you are the cook, we are sure someone can help you out for 30 minutes while you get your sweat on.
- Wear your tightest pair of pants. Nothing makes us want to eat less than when we are already squeezing into our pants. Avoid over indulging by wearing some skinny jeans.
- Load your plate with veggies and turkey. Find the plates of just veggies – raw veggies will work too. Perhaps there is a carrot dish, or asparagus, or some type of baked potato. If you doubt there will be a veggie dish at the thanksgiving dinner you are attending, be the person who brings a veggie dish.
- Limit “creamy” dishes. We are talking green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Still enjoy the dish, just limit the amount you consume.
- Delay the onset of drinking. Try not to start drinking alcohol right away. Have a cup or two of water as your first few beverages of the evening, and then move on to the alcohol if you must. 😉
- Get a full 8 hours of sleep that night, and work out in the morning!
Have fun & Be Active!
Your Friends from Build it for Life