Sleep is key to a happy functioning body. It is the time when we get to recover, turn off our stress, and do something that can help us function better tomorrow. A lot of us struggle with this process. Either we are getting bad sleep and we know it, or we think we’re getting good sleep….but don’t realize how good it can get. Here are a few ways I have learned to get the best sleep of my life, every night.
- De-clutter your room. A bedroom should consist of things that say “relax.” Think – big pillows, extra fluffy blankets, candles, one book, no tv, relaxing artwork….
- Invest in a noise machine. Even if you aren’t a light sleeper having something to soothe your dreams is a good thing. This is the one I use….however “Sleep Pillow” is a great app for iphones that also have a ton of soothing sounds.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CEYW576?keywords=noise%20machine&qid=1453480686&ref_=sr_1_39&sr=8-39
- Really live up the “luxory” part of the bedroom….perhaps sprinkle some baby powder on your sheets or try Lush’s dusting powder to make the sheets feel extra silky when you slide in.
- No Phones in bed at nighttime.
- Keep a pad of paper next to you just incase you have too much on your mind to calm down. Use the paper to write down your reminders so you can finally shut down.
- Ask your friends for a good book recommendation. Head to bed earlier than you would like to fall asleep to get in some reading.
- Try not to exercise too close to bedtime…give yourself at least 2 hours post exercise.
- Make your room DARK….or sleep with an eye mask.
Have fun & Be Active!
Rebecca from Build it for Life