One of the best ways to stop eating junk food is to stop buying it. But…what if you are not the one buying it? Let's say your office is buying it? Or some venders are dropping off donuts, or muffins, or baskets of chocolate? Then, what do you do?
Well, you have two options:
- Avoid the break room like the plaque. Unless you can get your co-workers on board with breaking these bad habits, stay away. There are tons of cool new lunch boxes and bags that you can get and keep your healthy food at your desk or in your car. Instead of going into the break room to eat your lunch, try taking it outside on property balconies, or on a walk to a bench.
- Start a break room Reform.
Steps to Break Room Reform
- Enlist some helpers. Would anyone like to help you go through the break room and throw out anything unhealthy? What are a list of healthy snacks you could buy for the office instead? Is there the option to have fruits and vegetables delivered once a week? Could someone be in charge of office shopping once a week that involved buying healthy snacks, fruits and vegetables?
- Put signs up reminding people that the break room is a healthy zone. Don't allow anything unhealthy inside that zone.
- Have a plan for if venders drop off junk food. Find a local homeless shelter someone could be in charge of bringing the junk to or see if someone has kids they could deliver the junk food to the teachers at the school, or bring it to a kid event and let the kids eat it after soccer practice.
- Buy extra measuring cups so everyone is able to portion out the right amount of snacks.
Have fun & Be Active!
Your friends from Build it for Life