For some reason, every time our weather starts to cool down, we decide it’s time to “slow down” our gym regime. I beg of you, please don’t do that this fall!
Let’s think of four reasons not to slow down at the gym:
3. Christmas (or other wonderful winter holiday)
4. New Years
With those four very important dates in our near future, we have two options.
We can either 1) give up entirely and gain the 10-20lbs that we don’t want or 2) make a conscious effort to keep busting our tail!
But…with all those yummy fall treats around (pumpkin flavored everything, creamy soups, chili, apple baked yumminess), what are we supposed to do!? Plus, it gets soooooo dark.
We can make excuses all day. In fact, I have heard it all for all seasons. Don’t make an excuse for yourself. You deserve better. It may be dark outside, but the lights stay on in the gym.
So, how do we do it?
1. Plan out your week. Decide to dedicate certain days to different activities. Perhaps you will hit your favorite Tabata Bootcamp at the Fremont Health Club every Sunday and Wednesday. Commit to a certain number of days a week for either runs or walks. Flashlights DO exist for evening outside exercise.
2. Wear flats to work. Try and actually walk around the office, or park further away from work so you can get those steps in!
3. Take the stairs. Always.
4. Pack your lunch, and then stay OUT of the office kitchen decorated with every sweet temptation you don’t need.
5. Make your computer background a photo from a summer swim-suit-needed vacation spot.
6. Limit the amount of baggy sweaters you wear. Show off your figure!
7. Bake apples with cinnamon and a little butter to fill your sweet tooth.
8. Find a co-worker, gym classmate, bus friend, or ANYONE you know, who is also wanting to stay motivated this fall and talk to them about it. Maybe you can sign up for the same classes to take, or go on walks or runs together.
Have fun & BE ACTIVE this fall!